Hair Restoration with the LaserCap is an incredibly effective and minimally-invasive procedure that uses low-level laser light, channeled through a wearable laser cap. The procedure involves wearing a laser cap for an extended period to reduce hair loss, increase hair volume and facilitate hair growth. Dr. Michael Wolfeld is a board-certified plastic surgeon and hair restoration expert, and he has helped countless patients combat hair loss with this revolutionary procedure.
What is Laser Hair Restoration & LaserCap?
The laser hair restoration procedure has been around for several decades. But up until recently, the procedure entailed treatments with large devices in the doctor’s office. The introduction of LaserCap has made the treatment available for home use.
LaserCap is a cap-styled device that channels low-level laser energy into your scalp to minimize hair loss and strengthen hair follicles, thus facilitating hair growth. Wearing the LaserCap improves the quality of your hair follicles and prevents scalp inflammation, leading to thick and luscious hair growth.
LaserCap is the first hair growth laser technology that conveniently fits inside a regular cap rather than necessitating large laser devices. The laser cap includes 224 5mW diode lasers that conveniently fit inside any cap, powered by a rechargeable battery pack that can fit inside your pocket. The LaserCap allows you to continue the treatment as you go about your daily activities rather than seeking weekly sessions in the doctor’s office.
How does Laser Hair Restoration work?
Laser light therapy uses a visible wavelength of red light that stimulates cellular respiration. Targeting red light laser energy into the scalp increases energy production within the hair follicles, improving their growth cycles. This allows hair to grow out thicker, faster and stronger.
LaserCap is an FDA-approved device to target hair regrowth, and the effective use of low-level laser light for hair restoration is well documented. Patients will be required to wear the LaserCap for 30 minutes approximately three times weekly. You can wear the cap anytime and anywhere, whether working at your computer, watching television or going to the grocery store. All you have to do is wear the cap and turn the laser on for 30 minutes.
What are the benefits of Laser Hair Restoration with LaserCap?
- Improved Hair Growth: LaserCap is the world’s first home-based device that can deliver 4 Joules/cm2 of laser light to your scalp for 30-minute sessions. The laser light energy has been well-documented to strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth, making it highly effective.
- Convenient: In the past, the procedure could only be done in a doctor’s office with large laser devices. However, LaserCap makes the procedure convenient and comfortable. You can wear the LaserCap whenever you want, as long as you wear it for the stipulated time every other day. It can be fitted inside any cap, so it’s discreet, and it comes with a small rechargeable battery.
- Nonsurgical: There’s no needles, incisions, or scalpels, making the procedure entirely nonsurgical.
- No Drugs: You don’t have to take any medications, so there’s no risk of side effects.
- Safe & Painless: LaserCap is an FDA-approved technology that meets all safety standards with no documented side effects. The procedure is painless and safe.
When will I see the results of Laser Hair Restoration?
You may start noticing the results of the laser hair restoration treatment after 4 to 6 months. However, you should be realistic about what the LaserCap can accomplish, i.e., it can slow down hair loss and improve existing hair quality. You should also note that the results vary for each individual — the doctor will examine your progress during your follow-up visits. Furthermore, laser light therapy will work best if you wear the LaserCap consistently.
Am I a suitable candidate for Laser Hair Restoration?
You’re a suitable LaserCap candidate if you have thinning hair or if you want to prevent hair loss without complex surgical procedures. The LaserCap treatment is suitable for people of all ages, but your doctor will discuss your medical history and examine your scalp to determine if you’re suffering from a few rare issues that would disqualify you for the treatment.
Why choose Dr. Wolfeld for Laser Hair Restoration?
Dr. Wolfeld is widely considered the best hair restoration and hair transplant doctor in NYC, and he is board-certified in both plastic surgery and hair restoration. Dr. Wolfeld believes that each hair restoration treatment should be personalized to the patients' individual requirements. During your consultation, Dr. Wolfeld will determine if you are a suitable candidate for a LaserCap and recommend the ideal hair restoration procedures for natural-looking and effective results.
© Wolfeld Hair Restoration. All Rights Reserved.