Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
As your body begins to age, the visible signs of aging start to appear – including hair loss. Losing your hair is a deeply personal concern that can affect not only how your see yourself, but how others perceive you. Luckily, you don’t have to live with hair loss. Dr. Michael Wolfeld understands how to treat male and female pattern baldness, and he is among the best options for choosing a hair restoration specialist in New York.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet rich plasma, or PRP, is a substance created using your own blood, and can be used in the treatment of male and female pattern baldness. The process begins by drawing a vial of your blood, which is then placed in a centrifuge. In the centrifuge, the red blood cells are separated from platelets and plasma. The resulting PRP is rich in proteins and growth factors which stimulate your body to awaken dormant hair follicles to reactivate them, causing them to once again produce healthy strands of hair.
How is PRP Used for Hair Loss?
Once PRP is created, it is strategically injected into areas of the scalp which are suffering from diminished hair growth. PRP has many uses in the medical field and has been used for decades as a healing product for:
PRP has also become widely used in facials as part of the increasingly popular “Vampire Facial.” The growth factors in PRP help to stimulate many of the body’s natural processes such as collagen and elastin production, tissue repair, and hair growth, and can be very effective for treating the early stages of hair loss.
What Can I Expect During PRP Hair Restoration in NYC?
Your PRP hair restoration in NYC will begin with Dr. Wolfeld drawing a vial of your own blood. Once the blood is separated and the PRP is ready for injection, Dr. Wolfeld will carefully administer a series of small injections to your scalp to encourage hair regrowth.
A topical numbing agent may be applied to provide more comfort during the process. The PRP injections will stimulate your hair growth and provide greater density of hair if your hair is becoming finer and thinner. Each treatment for stem cell hair growth in NYC typically takes between 30 and 45 minutes to complete.
What are the benefits of PRP Hair Loss Treatments?
- Non surgical, non-invasive
- Safe, effective and reliable
- No downtime or discomfort
- Natural looking results
- Increased satisfaction with one’s appearance
- Helps improve hair thickness and density
Who makes a good candidate for PRP injections in NYC?
If you still have functioning hair follicles and you wish to slow down your hair loss, PRP restoration might be a great choice for you. Individuals with androgenic alopecia may benefit from PRP injections that stimulate the follicles, maximizing new cell growth. Those with premature hair loss should begin undergoing PRP treatment as soon as they first notice thinning has occurred.
PRP for Hair Restoration can:
- Prevent additional shedding
- Slow down hair loss
- Improve thickness and vivacity of the hair follicles
Who is not a good candidate for PRP therapy?
While PRP injections are generally safe for most patients, a person weakened by anemia may wish to avoid this treatment. Those clients with blood diseases are also advised to abstain from getting PRP injections, as it might adversely affect their health and well being. Our team will help to determine if PRP hair treatments are right for you during your private NYC consultation.
PRP Hair Loss Treatment Before & After GalleryView Gallery
What Can I Expect Following My PRP Hair Loss Treatment?
Since PRP for hair restoration is only minimally-invasive, there is virtually no downtime involved. You may return to your daily activities as soon as you leave our clinic. You may experience a bit of tenderness or swelling at the injection sites. This is normal and should subside within a couple of days. It is recommended that you receive four to six PRP hair loss treatments in New York in order to receive optimal benefits.
Why Should I Choose Wolfeld Hair for PRP Hair Restoration?
Dr. Michael Wolfeld is a certified NYC hair restoration specialist, making him uniquely qualified to treat the effects of male and female pattern baldness. He understands how personal a condition like hair loss can be and is recognized as the premier hair restoration specialist in NYC. If you are suffering from the early stages of hair loss, PRP hair restoration in New York can help you ward off the progression of the condition.
© Wolfeld Hair Restoration. All Rights Reserved.
The safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority. With that in mind, we have instituted the following safety protocols to ensure we are providing the safest environment possible.
- All patients are screened on the phone beforehand to determine if they have any illness symptoms or have been in contact with someone who is COVID positive; and if so they will be rescheduled
- We are a contact free office; so all paperwork is done beforehand via computer or electronic device
- All patients and staff will be required to wear masks.
- Patient temperatures will be checked via no-contact forehead scanners upon arrival to the office.
- We practice social distancing within the office
- Hand sanitizer is available for use in the office
- Gloves are available for patients when they visit our office
- We are asking patients to arrive at their appointment either alone or with one other individual.
- Virtual consultations will be available for patients who are unable to come to the office at this time.
- All of our staff have been instructed and adhere to strict infection prevention measures.
- All of our clinical staff are wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during patient interactions.
- Exam rooms are sanitized before and after every patient.
- All staff are screened for symptoms and have temperature checks prior to working.